No writing experience or ambition is required. You will be guided through a progression of restorative writing exercises, which allow you to discover ways to manage stressful events and upheavals in your life through writing.
The act of writing engages internal healing resources that affect mental and physical health. You can change your stories to change your life.
You will learn 6 forms of restorative writing:
- Expressive Writing: removes obstacles and moves you beyond a personal, private emotional upheaval or crisis
- Transactional Writing: helps you take care of unfinished business and convey your feelings, expectations and intentions for yourself and others in a positive and loving way
- Poetic Writing: tells your story as you wish to tell it
- Affirmative Writing: centers your focus on your best qualities
- Legacy Writing: shares your values, life lessons and epiphanies with others
- Mindful Writing: uses 6 aspects of mindfulness to structure your written explorations
You will go home with the knowledge and practice to incorporate the healing power of writing into your everyday life, and a collection of 24 writing prompts to use as practical starting points.
This program is open to all, and may be of particular benefits to those working in healthcare or helping professions.
CE Credits: This program has been accredited by Duke Integrative Medicine in Leading Others in Writing for Health.