The ideal certification candidate has professional credentials or experience in healthcare, or a related service field, such as education, counseling or intensive writing experience as a caregiver
Certification candidates will complete these minimum requirements:
1. WWC 9000 - Transform Your Health: Write to Heal, a six-week online program or equivalent foundation course such as WWC 9100.
WWC 9100 - Leading Patients in Writing for Health, a professional training focused on the guiding principles and defining characteristics of expressive, transactional, poetic, affirmative, H.E.A.L ing, legacy, and mindful writing and how they may be applied individually or in a healthcare setting. (Offered at group rates, once a year at Duke Integrative Medicine)
2. WWC 9200 – Expressive Writing Research Project, an individual research project in the form of a study of studies developed in collaboration with program director.
3. WWC 9300 – Mindful Writing, a six-week experiential program that examines the six As of Mindful Writing; Awareness, Attention, Acceptance, Appreciation, Affection, Affirmation
4. WWC 9400 - Expressive Writing Practicum, a six-week supervised practice using expressive, transactional, poetic, affirmative, legacy and mindful writing with individuals or a group.
5. WWC 9500 - Wellness and Writing Workshop Portfolio - materials with prompts and evaluations for three settings and/or clients, for example: Cancer Clinics, Hospice Services, ICU nurses, At-Risk 6th grade Students, Women's Prisons, Retirement Communities, Prisons, Rehabilitation Centers, Wellness Centers, Children's Hospitals.
We recommend that certification candidates complete this program within 12 months of their application. Most modules will be completed in six weeks or less, and most candidates will complete the course in less than a year. Support, mentoring and coaching is offered by phone and email or online video chat. This certification course is limited to 12 candidates per cohort.
Fees are due before starting the certification program unless other arrangements are made in advance. Total cost for the Wellness & Writing Connections Program is $2495 including WWC 9000. If you enter the program having already completed WWC 9000 or WWC 9100, your total program cost is $1995. Payment plan options are available.
- Modules are delivered by email.
- Weekly video chat sessions are required during each module.
- Group communication is encouraged in a Google group dedicated to your cohort.
HOW TO APPLY
Before applying for admission to the certification program, a thirty-minute phone interview is recommended. A complete application includes a nonrefundable deposit of $100 USD, a vita, and a personal statement. Please contact us for an application.