This 2-day workshop is designed for anyone working in the healthcare field and provides experiential training with easily adaptable lessons, activities, and guideposts to use with your clients and patients.
This workshop will be held May 2-3, 2019 at Duke Integrative Medicine.
Join instructors John F. Evans and Karen Jooste as they lead you through progressive learning that incorporates Reasons for Writing for Health including...
The workshop will lead you through progressive learning that incorporates these reasons for Writing for Health:
- Creating vision
- Setting intentions
- Assessing status
- Stimulating thinking for insight and understanding
- Expressing and defining readiness to change
- Clarifying importance and building confidence
- Changing perception and perspective
- Facilitating mindfulness practice
- Measuring progress
- Removing obstacles to build and resilience
- Encouraging staying on track
- Creating, developing, and supporting exuberance
- Producing opportunities to flourish
- Building resilience
- Communicating gratitude, empathy and compassion
- Affirming strengths
Early Registration Deadline: April 12, 2019
Last Day to Register: April 26, 2019
“Writing about stressful situations is one of the easiest ways for people to take control of their problems and release the negative effects of stress from their bodies and their lives.” -James Pennebaker, PhD